Wednesday, August 14, 2013

a train Before Midnight...

On the midnight train, I was thinking seriously WTH was I running through the dark endless tunnel which in fact was a wrong way (again) to catch my train at Woodland Checkpoint back to KL. The point was I actually re-enter and re-exit Singapore within 15 minutes, just because I went for a wrong checkpoint counter exit to the bus station instead of train railway. I finally found an answer to comfort myself before I fell asleep: 

"A trip without getting lost won't be my own trip anymore, isn't it?"
I should know it from the beginning.

Ask people about their favorite movies, and the same titles come up regularly - Eat Pray Love, Fast and Furious or super heroes film series. But some movies have special meaning for people even if they don't turn up on lists of established favorites. These are the secret movies we keep in our pockets like lucky coins. And of course we would like to share those movies with friends around but just when others don't appreciate or find no connection to them, you'll know then there's something intimate about them, as if they belong to us alone. 

If the phrases "Daydream delusion, limousine eyelash" or "Baby you are gonna miss that plane"  mean anything to you, then we are on the same boat.

The opportunity to watch Jesse and Celine appeared on the screen, I felt deeply happy to see them again. I know I will love Before Midnight too, but I'm a little trepidacious, just because the first and second movies were so perfect and hit me so hard in the best way, I don't want anything to ruin the magic of them. What if this one isn't as good?  
   
I was 20 when I first saw Before Sunrise & Before Sunset. The perfect age and it was everything I thought romance was supposed to be, meet someone, walk around a city just talking!

I love Before Sunrise which came out in 1995, took place primarily in Vienna (of course I didn't watch it in 1995, I was just 4 years old on that year). A street poet wrote a poem entitled "Milkshakes" for Jesse and Celine which ended with lines of :"Don't you know me?....Don't you know me by now?" And the palm reader's saying: "When the stars exploded billions of years ago they formed everything that is the world. Everything we know is stardust. So don't forget, you are stardust." 

Then I enjoyed Before Sunset, which took place in Paris and filmed in 2004. Celine played the guitar and sang a waltz song for Jesse which is revealed through the lyrics to be about their brief encounter. Now this newest addition, Before Midnight took place in Greece, 2013, which is definitely the deepest of the three I think. They still loved each other but this time they were older, heavier and bicker. The forces pulling Jesse back towards his song and Celine's determination to pursue her career in France tested their bonds to limits. 

"Still there", Celine said, as she watched the sun sank slowly into the mountains.
"Still there...still there...gone". 

Is the sun served as a metaphor for Jesse and Celine's relationship? Will the romance live on and live strong? Or will the monotony of everyday life dull their sparkle? Now they're together, what happens next?

I could only say Before Midnight once again sweep me away and off my feet into Jesse and Celine's world. Definitely a must-see movie for fans of the previous films. If I were only allowed to see one movie this year, I would want it to be Before Midnight. If I were only allowed two trips to cinema this year, I would see it twice. I'm not exaggerating. When I knew this move won't be showed in Malaysia, I had made up my mind to visit Singapore, just for a movie. 

And this trip to Singapore, worth everything. I watched Before Midnight, met all my friends who I really want to meet for a long time, in less than 48 hours. The trip get me more emotional. I laugh because I'm happy, tears rolling in my eyes as I'm touched when reading my birthday card but then ended up giggling alone in the bus because those friends are so funny, I feel disappointed, frustrated, tired. I mean these feeling are much more better than what I felt in the past few months in which I did so many things but feeling...nothing. 

After all, a train Before Midnight, made me feel like I'm living again. I was thinking seriously WTH was I running through the dark endless tunnel which in fact was a wrong way (again) to catch my train at Woodland Checkpoint back to KL. The point was I actually re-enter and re-exit Singapore within 15 minutes, just because I went for a wrong checkpoint counter exit to the bus station instead of train railway. I finally found an answer to comfort myself before I fell asleep.

Don't you know that, don't you know that by now...? 

PS: Thanks friends who meet me up when I was in Singapore, I would not want to say Goodbye to every single of you. Not to mention, sorry for my selfishness to run away myself to other place and ruined the birthday celebration plan, a big thanks to those who willing to spare their time waiting at train station just to give me a birthday surprise when I came back from Singapore. 

Sometimes I feel like the world treat me too well, but I'm just giving away that little...shit

Hey me, Happy birthday. -13.8.2013-

2 comments:

Wei__Quan said...

Haha, Midnight train journey ! And Im always amused by your musics u play in your playlist!

Jying said...

很高兴你一直都在blogger里混,更高兴的是我竟然还找得到你的blog

Alive koko,还记得我吗?:)
依然记得2009年的某一天,我踩过你的blog还很大胆的叫你哥哥
如今我来继续捧你场啦!:D欢迎我不?

From 当时的$ ! L 1 e N + 现在的Jying